Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday July 18th - On The Road Again

I'm stopped at a Starbucks outside of Indianapolis heading west.  The picture on the right was taken yesterday at my uncle Harold's.  A very hot and muggy day.  Harold is 89 and still rides a motorcycle.  We had a great three days together and although I am now anxious to get home - it was hard to leave.

One of our activities together was to visit the Motorcycle Hall of Fame.  I've wanted to see this place for the last 10 years. 

We also stopped by the house where my father lived when he was young and in Ohio.  He and a friend left home when he was 19 and hopped a freight train to California.  One of the path-way steps to the door of the house had chiseled into it my father's name "Harry" and the date 1937.  That was the year he road a motorcycle from California to Ohio to visit his parents.

The picture below is a 1926 Harley Davidson.

No rain yet - so I'm on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment