Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 2nd - Halifax, July 3rd - Cabot Shores

After getting new tires - I headed to Halifax for the balance of the day.  I got a good deal on a very nice hotel overlooking a major park - $74 for the night.  I spent a few hours walking around the city.  I could live in Halifax (during the summer).  Take all the cool things about Seattle, San Francisco and Boston and squish it all into a very small city and you have Halifax.

The city is clean, has a lot of history, the people are very friendly and it's beautiful.




This morning I was on my way to the Cabot Trail with a plan to stay two days at Cabot Shores, owned by Paul and Barbara.  Paul and Barbara are originally from Boston and purchased 50 acres here 6 years ago with a plan to build a retreat.  It's a work in progress.  I'm staying in a yurt for 2 nights.  There's a main lodge with music, great conversations with people from all over the world and super food.  This is my kind of place - little rustic which I'm enjoying.  For those of you that might be familiar with "Table Mountain" in Albion - this place is a cross between Table Mountain and a nice resort - leaning more towards Table Mountain.





No comments:

Post a Comment