Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15th - Sun and Ohio

I have made it past the rain but was in it most all of yesterday.  Right now I'm in a Starbucks along side the interstate heading to Columbus Ohio to visit my motorcycle riding 89 year old uncle.

On entering back into the states in Maine - the first town I hit was Houlton (to the right).

My next stop in Maine was Bangor for lunch - pretty town.  I still had not hit the rain - but it was waiting for me and so was the weatherman.


A special thanks to Derek and Helen for putting me up for the night in Stanford.  Great bed, great dinner, great company and clean cloths.  (below)
Next I was off in the rain to visit Renee, Charlie and Abigail in New York.  Great visit but too short.  I got to hold Abigail and she didn't cry.  I didn't hold Charlie.  He was too big.  He did make me some of Charlie's famous pizza.

Later


1 comment:

  1. Hey Gary!

    My mom sent me a link to your blog- apparently we are second cousins. Harold B. is my grandpa, Luanne is my mom. Anyway, thanks for blogging, we will be following your journey now! We're in Virginia so if you pass through and need a place to stay you're welcomed here! -Kristin

    ReplyDelete