Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19th - Kansas City


I rode I-70 from Columbus Ohio to about an hour past Saint Louis Missouri.  I crossed over the Missouri and the Mississippi rivers.  And - yes - it did rain yesterday - very hard but not long. 

If you've never seen the Saint Louis arch - it's big.

My route took me through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and into Missouri.  Now I know that mid America is pretty "Christian" but I passed the largest Christian cross that I have ever seen.  I pulled it up on the web - it's 100 feet tall and the cross bar is 60 feet.  The cost on the cross before completion was over $150K.  I wonder what Jesus would have done with $150K?  Oh well - I'm such a cynic- I'm sure he would have built a big cross....

I want to give a special thanks to my cousin Luann for taking me to see Alfred Hitchcock's 1951 film - Strangers on A Train.  Great film - beautifully restored theater in down town Columbus and great company.

I just hit the 10,000 mile mark for the trip so far.  The balance of my route will be on I-70 then pick up US 50 in Colorado.  It's very hot and very humid.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment