Friday, July 23, 2010

July 22nd, Sebastopol - Home

I'm home - arrived at 2:30pm Pacific Time Thursday July 22, 2010.

Miles covered = 12,259
5 time zones
Left Sebastopol, CA  June 1st
Returned July 22nd - Total 52 days

Visited every Provence in Canada with the exception of Prince Edward Island and BC
States visited = 16
Gas consumed = 306 gallons
Tires = 2 rear tires, 1 front
Mirror = 1
Sleeping bag = 1
Shoes = 1 pair

Animals
1 bear
5 Coyotes
8 Elk
12 Deer
7 Moose
2 Beaver - (one flat one)
1 Ermin
2 Whales
3 Fox
Birds and Prairie Dogs by the hundreds
Number of Moose hit in Newfoundland last year by vehicles = 660

Most memorable

Most miserable day = rainy 35 degree day in Calgary
Best days = all the rest

The people -
Yuki, Ria, Bill and Rambha, Jivan and Rambha, Regina, Fe, Cathi, Anne and Keck, Drek and Helen, Alanna and Rick, Ken, Ray, Paul and Barbara, Paulette, Marilyn, Candice, Bill W
Jonathan, Heather, Brad, Marijke, Lauren, Brittany, Meghan, Victoria, Amanda, Sheryl, Ron and Cathy, Karl and John, Hiroshi, Elezebeth, Eric, Julia and Allan, Cathrina, Margo, Renee and Charlie, Uncle Harold, Luann, Amanda and Ben - and many more...

All of you that took me in, fed me and made me feel at home - thank you.  You made the trip.  A very special thanks to my daughter Amanda and Ben - they housed me for 10 great days in Toronto.

My last blog will be my reflections and observations.  I will try to get it out in the next couple of days.  Between now and my last blog I will post a few pictures that I've not posted prior.

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment