Sunday, August 31, 2014

Leaving Seattle - Labor Day

Leaving Seattle

For the last 3 days I have had a great visit with my cousin Bill and his wife Hanneli.  Great conversation, great food and just a fun and relaxing time.  It was also an opportunity to get to know the two of them better.  Like many families with relatives that live more than a day's drive away - we just don't see each other enough.  We've shared stories and learned something about each other that we might have known if we didn't live so far away.  In the past 30 years - this is the third time that I've seen them.  Thanks Bill and Hanneli for putting up with me for the last three days and for you hospitality.

Today - I also had the opportunity to ride to Redmond and visit an old high school friend, Jerry Wouri and his wife Gwen.  I've seen Jerry maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 50 years.

Tomorrow I head north on highway 5 and catch highway 20 over the Cascade range.  I don't know how much internet or cell coverage I will have but I will update my location via "spot" on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment