Sunday, August 24, 2014

Leaving On Monday August 25

I'm packing up and getting ready to leave.  I will be heading up highway 101 through Eureka, Crescent City and travelling along the Oregon coast and then into Washington and continue up 101. I've traveled to and through Oregon and Washington many times but have never been along the coast.

From the Seattle area I will head up 5 to highway 20 and then through the mountains to meet 97.  This isn't the fastest rout but I'm 71 years old - so who cares.  My plan is to meet up with my friend Bill when I cross over into Canada.  He's 82 - he doesn't care where we meet either.

This trip is planned mostly to see Bill.  We met on the ferry travelling from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland a little over 4 years ago.  Later - Bill road down to visit and we traveled through the California Sierras, Yosemite, over the Tioga  Pass and along 395.  When we returned to the western side of the Sierras we took the Sonora Pass.  This was one of the most beautiful rides I have ever taken.

 

The balance of today, Sunday, will be packing and making sure I've got what I need.

You should be able to track my progress via Spot. Spot is a satellite tracking device that I ware on my arm that sends a location signal to a satellite.  My position is then plotted out on a map.  It should link to my Facebook page but you should also be able to find it by going to www.findmespot.com and search on Findgary. The link should be directly to my page.  There won't be anything to see until tomorrow.

 http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0tpixbYqH7VomVYaOyfAJWYtHgtmSjvjD







No comments:

Post a Comment