Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tuesday August 27th - Oregon Coast

 The first 3 photos were taken just before I reached Crescent City.  It was around 4:30 and the coast was beautiful even in the fog.  
 
   
Driving up 101 - Trees of Mystery - brings back traveling this route with my parents.  I always wanted to stop.  Other than this photo - I still haven't.




Monday night at the campground.

                                        
 Great Fish and Chips in Coos Bay for lunch on Tuesday,
                                       

                                      
After having fish and chips in Coos Bay - I got stuck on a bridge for 3 hours.  There was a 5 car pile up with a logging truck.  I don't know how serious injuries were.  But I was very thankful that I was just stuck in traffic.

I didn't make it very far yesturday.  I rode maybe another 2 hours and stayed the night in Florence OR., in a nice motel.  Right now I'm sitting in a Starbucks in NewPort OR.  My plan is to make it to Astoria today (Wednesday).

What I've seen:  Not much - the entire Oregon coast has been socked in with fog.  I've debated cutting over to highway 5.  The going on 101 is very slow and not being able to see anything has been disappointing.

Many many mobil home parks.  I think it's fine if someone by choice lives in a mobil home but it seems that more and more it's being driven by economic necessity.  I don't recall seeing one mobil home park in Europe.  There are plenty of RV parks in Europe but not where people live on a full time basis.  We are clearly becoming a nation of the "haves" and "have not."  Why are we allowing "the very few" to destroy the middle class?  This is our country.

What I've Learned:  Trying to blog on an iPad is a pain in the ass.  Uploading photos is a real challenge.

My butt needs toughening,


No comments:

Post a Comment