Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15th - 2 weeks


I've been on the road for two weeks. I've met some interesting people and have been to parts of North America that I've never seen. I crossed into Ontario around 10:00am and it seemed that the landscape changed almost immediately. The rolling planes of Saskatchewan and Manitoba were replaced by lake after lake after lake with the highways lined on both sides with trees. It would appear, based on the conditions of the infrastructure of Ontario, that they have significant more money to spend on upkeep. Another noticeable difference - you are warned that driving over the speed limit can result in the immediate loss of you vehicle. I've seen more RCMP in Ontario today than in the last two weeks combined. I've slowed down.

On the animal front - today along the road I've spotted deer, beaver, and a very large fox. I'm sure that along the route I passed at least 100 or more beaver lodges and many dams. Some of the lodges might be missing a few occupants, if the squished beavers on the road are any indication.

Small lakes with cabins lining the shore and docks with pontoon planes are numerous. The planes would indicate the most expedient mode of transportation and a way to bypass the the potential loss of your car.

It started raining again and it gave me a good excuse to pull into a small motel and watch the Lakers beat the Celtics.

Tomorrow it's on to Thunder Bay (I hope) - but I'm not in a real hurry.....

Here's a bit more trivia. Check the last picture. This was in Alberta. It would appear to be tunnels being constructed, not through a mountain but - what - through air...???

I'll show you the finished product on my next posting.

Okay - it's game time.



No comments:

Post a Comment