Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday September 3rd In Kelowna

Wednesday September 3rd In Kelowna

I left Oroville around 8:30 this morning and headed towards Kelowna.  The Canadian boarder was only about 10 minutes from where I stayed.  As soon as I went through customs and was in Canada - it started raining.  It rained non-stop until I was about 10 miles from Kelowna.

                                                             


                                            
                                                                Notice that at the border I was behind cattle trucks

I met up with Bill around noon and then he and I had dinner with some of his friends.  Nice people.  I always meet interesting people when I'm with Bill.

Kelowna is beautiful and the Okanagan lake was along the highway until I got arrived.  The lake is 90 miles long and the deepest part of the lake is 600 feet.

                                                     

We are sitting in Bill's living room right now trying to decide where we are going to be heading.  We had planned on Prince Rupert and then taking the ferry to Vancouver Island but the ferry fee was $1900 if we wanted to share a room and $400 each for deck passage.  We're going to have to rethink this.  We should know where we are headed for the first part of our trip by the time we leave.......

No comments:

Post a Comment