Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thursday In BC September 4, 2014

Thursday In BC September 4, 2014

Bill and I were up at 5:30am today and got ready to leave but first we went to Tim Hortons to have coffee with his friends.  Bill said most of them had given up on me ever showing up.  Bill had been telling them for about 6 months that I was on my way.

They're nice people - they might be a little conservative. That statement is coming from someone from Sebastopol.  Marx would probably be a little conservative for Sebastopol.

We packed up and were on our way.  We didn't get too far - maybe 150 miles but that's okay.  It's been a great ride through the mountains on some curvy roads swinging back and forth through the turns.  We stopped for breakfast in Lumby, parked the bikes, and standing in front of the Krazy Llama Cafe was the owner and chef (along with his wife).  We were pulled in - I think - because he was a motorcycle rider and he has owned over 40 bikes.  Both husband and wife were originally from Chile but left with their family during the Pinochet regime.

                                                
                                                                     Our new friends at the Krazy Llama Cafe

On our way to Nakusp we took a side road to Edgewood - main industry = weed.  No we didn't...

                                                  
                                                                                Ride to Edgewood
                     
                                                                Ferry on the way to Nakusp
                             
   This is a machine that can whack down a tree is seconds. Great prop for the next horror film.

We are now in Nakusp in a cheesy motel.  I took a shower.  I always take a shower when I can.  It's not like it's always an option.  Riding a motorcycle puts your face right in the all of the available dust and dirt that the road has to offer.  Washing my face with a white wash cloth will end up black.  One scrub will not do it.  It has to be a multiple scrub effort.

Not much traffic on the road but there are a significant number of bikes.  I try to stay away from Harleys - too much noise.  It must be my age.

I'm not sure where we are going tomorrow - I'll let you know.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment