Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday In The US - September 9, 2014

US and Idaho

I entered back into the US on Monday in Idaho.  Shortly after entering - there were 3 large crosses next to the road and many signs indicating that I was in Minonite territory.  One of the first towns I came to was Bonners Ferry.  There were a lot of ladies with traditional Minonite dresses and head bonnets.  On to Couer D Alene.  I stayed in a local motel.  There were a lot of guys in camaflouge gear.  Maybe it was my imagination.

Bonners Ferry - population 2,500

Today I'm moving on to Spokane.  It's a short ride but I may spend the nigh and take in the second largest city in Washington State.  I give you a report on all of the new "weed" shops....

I've discovered something about my riding.  I like a destination.  I don't just like riding aimlessly.  When I road to Newfoundland I was heading to the fist Viking site in North America.  But a more important destination along the way was to stop and see Amanda in Toronto where she was living at the time.  There are currently a couple of things I want to see on this trip.  I want to travel along the Columbia river and to cross over into Oregon at The Dalles.  When I get back into California my plan is to spend some time at Lassen National Park.

Well - I'm off for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment